Thursday, January 29, 2015

1/29/15

Hey Little D,

We're in Portland! We came up here for a long weekend - it's just a short flight from  where we live - and we really love it here. From the food to the friends to the size and vibe of the city, we love spending time here.

One day when you're much older, you'll have the chance to explore places and find one that feels like home. I'm so curious to know where that will be! Will you prefer the city or the country? The east coast or the west coast? The US or living abroad?

I never saw myself living in California and now one of my kids will be a native. How bizarre that is! No matter where you end up or where you are born, you'll always have a home wherever Daddy and I live. That's the beauty of family... it's more a feeling than a place for me. Wherever we are, you'll be there too - and vice versa.

Hope you liked that bacon Mac and cheese tonight...

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment