Friday, January 30, 2015

1/30/15

Hey LD,


We ended tonight at a friend's house where they cooked us dinner and we spent time talking about parenting, relationships and life. Your brother was there, as were our friends' kids and it was just so perfect. 

See, about 8 years ago I was living in Paris and I had a conversation with a good friend about how we envisioned our future families. I felt strongly that I wanted my kids to grow up with good people at our dinner table - friends, colleagues, family. And what I've learned is that it's really hard to make that a reality on a regular basis. 

But when it happens it's just as wonderful as I hoped it would be. And this weekend in Portland is a big opportunity for us to have dinner with good, strong friends. I know you won't remember it but we'll do much more of it once you're out here in the world.

I promise.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment