Saturday, May 30, 2015

5/30/15

Littlest D,

This morning Daddy took Noah to the Hall of Science and I watched the first episode of a documentary about the Roosevelts. WHAT A FAMILY! I was so inspired by the stories of Teddy and Franklin growing up, the images of NYC back in the late 19th century and even some of the quotes Teddy became famous for. (He apparently also ended up famous for loving to start wars, which is really not my thing, but I do love some things about his spirit!)

It was just the inspiration I needed for parenting and life. History gives you the distance from daily, banal challenges and reminds you that one day you'll be gone and the only thing left will be your legacy. Let me tell you that mothers have important roles in their children's legacies, according to history! This reminded me that mothering is not just about something fun we do together but what long-lasting values and potential I can help inspire in you. Daddy and I take that job really seriously and we love helping to shape your world, ambitions and environment to help you thrive.

I am such a history fan and I tell you this now because of you ever find yourself at a loss for what to get me for a birthday or holiday, go for something awesome and historical. I will love it!

Love,
Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment