Thursday, May 7, 2015

5/7/15

Hey little man,

Today I hosted an old friend from Paris and her French boyfriend for lunch while Noah napped. They were visiting the west and driving up California; it was so wonderful to see an old friend and reminisce about old days spent wandering the streets of Europe. (Ok, also the bars. And nightclubs. Your mom had a great time back in the day.)

How awesome it was to have French roll off my tongue with them, a language that became something so dear to me but has since become a rarely-used skill in my life. Such is the path for foreign languages... but I'm alright with it for now. There will be plenty of reunions in France to come, plenty of family vacations and adventures for us abroad too. I can't wait to expose you to it all!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment