Tuesday, March 10, 2015

3/10/15

Hey LD,

We've spent much of today on airplanes (that's where we are now), having some quality me-you time. Daddy and Noah are back in Berkeley while we take a business trip to DC. Earlier today, my seatmates were talking to me about having kids. A man who just retired was sitting next to me; he told me about the thoughts he had before bringing his sons into the world, fear of nuclear bombs and a world that doesn't always seem to be on the up and up. 

It was a nice little chat. But you know what I kept thinking? THANK GOODNESS we are having babies! Thank goodness you are arriving in the world, just as we need more helpers! It certainly makes me want to be the best parent I can so that, when your generation takes over, you do it with optimism and hope, new ideas and good energy. I fear that many people today cower at the prospect that the world can change. 

But I really believe that the world can change. Because I can change. And so I keep trying to do just that.

Love,
Mama  

No comments:

Post a Comment