Tuesday, March 3, 2015

3/3/15

Hey LD,

We are a big reading family. Daddy loves his Kindle but Noah and I are still paper book fans and we visit the library every other week. During our visit today the librarian gave us a little March challenge, which includes a bingo sort of paper and little challenges to fill out the boxes (read at night, sing a song together, learn a new rhyme, etc.). It brought back memories of when I was a kid. My parents took us to the library all the time and I so loved doing the summer reading challenges. You'd keep track of the number of books you read and your name would move along the trail on the wall as you read more. I still wish it was ok for adults to do, though I probably wouldn't make it very far these days... unless you count kid books :)

All that to say that reading is SO important. It's an escape, an education, a privilege and a passion. Some of our most cozy memories to come will be over books, of that I am positive. 

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment