Monday, March 9, 2015

3/9/15

Hey Little D,

This afternoon I had coffee with a friend from school. We grew up in the same town and he was out here visiting friends so we got together. It's crazy to think that I've known him for over 20 years, more than half our lifetimes. I can't tell you how different my life turned out that what I expected back in Elementary school.

To be really honest, the life I get to live every day blows me away. I feel so fortunate for Daddy, your brother, you, my business, my family and friends... the list goes on and on. It's like I'm living a full color version of the life I hoped was possible. I love my life.

Life won't be what you expect it to be, sweet one. It never promises to be. But if you are very brave (and a little lucky), I know it can be so much better than you imagine. You can choose the life you want and I will just adore watching you find your way, no matter how it looks. 

My day job is hard to explain, but the long story short is that I often help people figure out what they want or need and then how they can go for it. Every single workday, I get to be part of people's lives and I get to watch them make giant (and sometimes tiny) changes. What matters is that your keep changing, that you love yourself exactly as you are, but that you fight for yourself in new ways all the time. I am moved to tears just thinking about some of the brave things I've seen people do (fire someone, quit a job, write a book, leave a spouse, have a baby, etc.). Humans are super-tough. 

And you will be too.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment