Wednesday, March 18, 2015

3/18/15

Hey Little D,

Every night before bed I write down 5 things I'm grateful for in a small gratitude journal. It's a small practice that started when I saw Oprah at a special weekend event in November (IT WAS SO AWESOME) and I've kept it up most every day since. Some days I write big things like signing a new client or a trip to a museum but other times I write about small things or moments. It's started to change the way I interact with the world, to be honest. When a woman gave me her parking space last month, I immediately thought "this is one of my five!" and even when I broke my phone the other day I thought "it could have been worse!"

I am grateful every day for your movements, even if I don't write it down every day. You're my constant companion, my tag-along buddy. I love the gentle reminder of your existence when you kick me all day long. Keep it up, sweet one.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment