Monday, March 2, 2015

3/2/15

Hey Little D,

Today, inspired by some stuff that came up during coach training this weekend, I walked your brother to daycare. I used to do this when we first moved here and it has slowly become a pure driving situation. It's easier, frankly, to use the car. 

But it's not as beautiful.

This morning we left with an hour before my first call. Noah walked 3 blocks and then I pushed him in the stroller for the rest of the mile-long walk. We saw a garbage truck and a skateboarder, flowers and dogs, red lights and buses. We had a nice long talk about the things we were seeing and then by the time we arrived at school we were in a slow and relaxed mood. 

Then I headed back home, a solid 20 minute walk of quiet and contemplation. Oh how my day of work started better because of it! I remembered all of the beauty in Berkeley, the flowers and charming houses. It really is such a special place to be and I'm so glad I had the chance to slow down and appreciate it.

One thing I'm committed to once you come is sticking you in a carrier and taking walks with you. I love being outside, especially the quiet and the sun. I can't wait to share it with you.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment