Tuesday, March 17, 2015

3/17/15

Hello little D,

We heard your strong heartbeat this morning at the midwife's office; so far, so good. I must admit that I am feeling Really Pregnant at this point, which is sort of freaking me out because we've got FIFTEEN weeks to go. (It's equally freaking me out that we only have FIFTEEN weekends left as a family of three. Everything is freaking me out today.)

This is why I'm in bed at 8:25 tonight, about to rub lotion on my belly and read books until I fall asleep. I have been mostly operating on Normal Person Schedule and Energy this trimester and it's time to take it down a notch or thirty. I know it will be better for you and for me if I start to focus on the small things here at home and less on the world around us. The world will still be there after you're born and I'm healed; for the next while though, it's time to use most of my energy inward.

I say this to you because this is how life is. Sometimes you can care for others (emotionally, financially, physically, etc.) but other times you have to retreat and let everyone handle themselves. Unless society really does a 180, you will never have the experience of growing a person inside you. No matter, this lesson will still hold true for you, sweet boy. Is it a day for others or a day for yourself? Ask yourself this from time to time. It's an important life skill, to learn to prioritize yourself when you most need it. 

The amazing thing is, the whole world ambles on just fine without you. 

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment