Thursday, February 19, 2015

2/18/15

Hi little one,

Every night after dinner we do our bath and bedtime routine. Either Daddy or I do bath and then the other one does bedtime. If I had to pick a favorite, I think I like bedtime better... I love reading stories and singing songs and those last few minutes before bed. It feels like a calm, winding down of the day and I always leave Noah's room feeling happy and grateful. 

One of the funny things about parenting is what comes to you from the depths of your mind as you navigate new experiences. I reach for new lullabies sometimes and the funniest things come out! For example, I sing your brother Peace Like a River and Kumbaya and Edelweiss (which is a song from an awesome musical that we'll watch one day.) They're not the standard bedtime songs but I love singing them anyway because they truly feel like good songs to wind down the day.

I'll sing you these songs too when you arrive and by that time your brother will probably handle singing as well. He's almost learned them all!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment