Thursday, February 5, 2015

2/5/15

Hey Little D-

Sweet pea! This morning we had our anatomy scan and the technician told us what we're having! We're waiting until this weekend to share the news with our families but I just want to say that the moment she said it, I felt so warm and good and like it's exactly right. We can't imagine it any other way.

All afternoon I've been thinking about our future family in a very tangible way, looking forward to so many adventures and generally just life together. By the time you're old enough to have children, you'll probably be able to program an app to choose gender but for now back here in the dark ages, it still feels like the one element of life that you can't control. I love it. And even though I really thought I'd want to wait to find out until you're born, this was truly just as good.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment