Tuesday, February 24, 2015

2/24/15

Hey little guy,

One of the coolest things about life is the contrast between life events you're not ready for and those that sail right by you. We didn't know it yet, but today was your brother's last time in a crib! I took him shopping this morning and bought him a toddler bed but I never dreamed Daddy would have the energy to put it together tonight. And yet he did! So now Noah is sleeping (VERY HAPPILY) in his new big boy bed and our first baby is officially out of his crib.

Had I known it was going to be the last crib nap I might have been a little anxious or sentimental... but I'm glad it happened the way it did. He was ready and we were ready and the bed was built and now that milestone is passed.

And, my little friend, there is an empty crib just across his room, waiting for you. This makes it feel more real than ever.

Also, I started filling out your baby book today and THAT made it feel real too. 

Love,
Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment