Monday, February 9, 2015

2/9/15

Dear LD,

Tonight you and I had dinner with some friends in San Francisco. To be honest, it's still not a city I know (or love) and it strikes me as really bizarre that you are going to be born right outside it! 

Anyway, I was thinking about what a different life and childhood you're going to have than me and Daddy. You and your brother are going to have at least some memories of California and I'm glad for it. The sun here in Berkeley is really good for the soul, especially during these heavy winter months back east. I can't tell you what a relief it is as a parent to not have to dress your brother up in 15 layers before leaving the house. I'm looking forward to spending lots of time outside with you once you arrive too! Hikes with you in the Ergo, walks in the sun. I can already tell that's going to feel really great and make up somewhat for the lack of sleep.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment