Saturday, February 7, 2015

2/7/15

Hey Little D! Or should I say HEY SON!!!!

You're a boy! And now all of your family (and many friends) know it. I was so shocked when the technician told us! Here's how it happened:

Daddy came to the appointment (it was early so he could still get to work) and Noah was with us too. I think we both really thought it was a girl- Noah even said he bought it was a sister just before the appointment. So we head into the room and the technician starts measuring your heart, head, everything. Noah got bored pretty quickly and we set him up with the iPad on the floor. The lady was checking out your legs and feet when suddenly she hit a button and "I'm a boy!" popped up in the screen. I swear I thought she hit the wrong thing! 

"Oops!" she said, "I meant to wait on that," but the secret was out and we were a little shocked. But I have to say, within a few seconds it felt totally right, like we're a family of little boy bear cubs. We tried to tell Noah right away but he wasn't so interested, so Daddy and I just kept looking at each other and laughing and smiling.

All day I had thoughts about you and your brother- how we'll take our boys camping and how I want our boys to see Yosemite and how our house will be filled with the sweetest boys ever. I'm so thrilled to be your mama, sweet one, and we are just reveling in knowing what our family will look like.

Love,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. This child is so lucky to have you for his Mama. I am constantly amazed at how beautifully you write, how easily you can describe things and feelings. You are so gifted and Noah and this darling little one are extraordinarily blessed to have you in their lives.

    ReplyDelete