Saturday, June 20, 2015

6/20/15

Hey Little D,

Daddy and I were driving yesterday and commenting on how beautiful June in Berkeley is compare to May. (May is chilly and a bit foggy but June is just.. well, it's perfect!)

It made me excited to think about the birthday parties we will plan for you, how we'll love being outside enjoying the not-too-hot sun. People say this region doesn't have seasons and I was inclined to believe that for our whole first year here but now I see that there *are* seasons, they are just a different vocabulary than the four we normally talk about. 

Daddy and I were at the movies yesterday afternoon and it was filled with a bunch of little kids. "Why aren't these kids in school?!?" I wondered... and then it dawned on me that maybe kids in California are already on summer vacation! In New York we went to school til nearly the end of June... how strange to see it end so early in other places. It was another funny moment to think about how time of year and related activities depend on where the heck you are on the planet!

This weekend we don't have anything officially planned. Tomorrow is Father's Day but since we are waiting for you we will play it by ear and just give Daddy a few presents instead of an outing. That could be a fun surprise if you made your arrival on that day... You are being born to one of the best dads I've ever known and it does seem super sweet to me to imagine giving Daddy his new son as a gift!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment