Thursday, June 4, 2015

6/4/15

Hey buddy,

Tomorrow is Daddy's last day of work before he's out on paternity leave. You are one lucky little boy because you're going to get to spend so much time with your Daddy when you're a newborn. He'll be home for a few months and I am very grateful that his job allows that to happen... I know Noah will love it too!

Today was my last day home alone with Noah for a long time. Since I'm not very mobile these days we spent the day together in the house- reading books, playing with magnets, snacking on toast with honey and talking. Your arrival will mean a lot of big changes for him and even though I know it will be wonderful for our family overall, I'm also anticipating some growing pains for your brother as you come into the picture.

The weather has been sunny and warm these past few days but I've spent most of them inside, resting and napping when I'm not working. There is a point in the pregnancy when it seems like the mama must turn inward and that's starting to feel real now, that I am making less plans (none, actually!) and focusing more on being quiet and calm. I think a lot about labor these days and meeting you, less in a sentimental way and more logistically. I think about how to get through the pain and how to ignore the rest of the world in order to get you here safely. 

Last night I had dinner with a work friend and he was telling me about some really interesting books to read. I told him that I can't read some of that right now, that I'm not in a space to be inspired about how to explode my business strategy or change the world. Those are counterintuitive because of where I'm at mentally; right now I just want to read comfortable books, to reread some that have brought me peace in the past. It's funny how even your booklist changes when you are about to give birth!

In any event, I am ready for you whenever you want to arrive. There's no rush but I'm making lots of space for you, sweet one, and I can't wait to meet you and get to know you. 

Love,
Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment