Sunday, June 21, 2015

6/21/15

Hey LD,

This afternoon while your brother napped, Daddy ended up laughing at me. I had walked by Oscar and asked how he was doing... "Just checking in on the cats, are you?" Daddy laughed. We both cracked up as I admitted that the plants have never been as watered, my teeth as flossed and that I haven't napped this much since I was a kid. I read a 400 page book between last night and this afternoon. 

This kind of free time is foreign to both of us, Diggs.

"What the heck will we do when we retire?!" I thought for a few minutes but you know, it's less about how to fill free time right now for me and more about how to fill free time with a super-limited body! This has renewed my belief that I want to be in strong shape for the rest of my life after you're born. The physical limitations are just insanely frustrating and while I have rolled with them as best possible during pregnancy (since I know there's an end!) I am not interested in neglecting my body in the least after this.

For a few hours tonight I thought you were on your way but we laid down to bed and you seem to have gone quiet for the night too. We had a wonderful day celebrating Daddy today (very low-key!) and will rest up tonight in case you're on your way tomorrow.


Love,
Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment