Saturday, April 11, 2015

4/11/15

Hi Diggy,

Daddy is visiting family and friends in Wisconsin this weekend so your brother and I are here alone. Last night, for the first time, your brother threw up a few times and I had to change the sheets in the middle of the night.

Puke is gross when it's your own. It is even more gross when it's not your own.

Today, if it's at all possible, I sort of forgot abut your existence. Not really of course, but I was so focused on your brother and holding down the fort that your frequent kicks were more background noise than a point of connection all day. It made me think a lot about how life is easier when you just go with whatever is in front of you... there's a lot less stress and energy spent trying to decide what to focus on! When you're parenting solo to a kid who has a virus, it's one foot in front of the other.

Try to hold off on real puking for a few years. Ack!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment