Thursday, April 23, 2015

4/23/15

Hi little guy,

Today I got the TDAP shot so that you can start developing defenses in utero. (I think it's against whooping cough, but to be honest I just do what my midwife says!) It's weird to think that your little body is handling that right now... it's things like this that start to feel like you're becoming a part of the world and no longer a pure organism. That feels like a weird thing to say, but maybe you know what I mean.

This evening your brother wanted to watch videos of himself when he was a baby so I showed him a bunch. There's one in which Daddy is feeding him through a syringe. Your brother had trouble eating for the first 10 days of his life and it was one of the worst experiences of my adult life, to feel we were not doing enough for our kid despite feeding him every 90 minutes around the clock. I teared up just watching it and happily, when we clicked on another one taken just 2 months later, he was a super fatso! We will aim for chunky thighs for you too, bud!

Tomorrow marks 31 weeks, which means there's only about 9 left to go. It's getting close!

Love,
Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment