Thursday, April 16, 2015

4/16/15

Hey LD,

We're in the air, on the way to San Diego. What a short flight this is! It really makes me curious to take as many other short trips as we can while we live in California. Where else should we explore? Maybe Arizona? Surely Montana and Idaho... and Utah! These states seem so exotic to me, having grown up on the East Coast.

I wonder what you'll think of East Coast states when you're older. Will Maryland seem exotic to you? Connecticut? (Lord forbid) New Jersey?! Those are total snoozefests in my brain, for no other reason than "been there, done that." And yet I understand that families who move east after always living west will be curious to explore them, just as I am about the nearby states out here. Life is just perspective, don't you think?

I'm leading workshops all day tomorrow and can't wait to have that wrapped up so I can go hang out with Daddy. I'm excited about the work but very excited to go hit the town! Just think- San Diego will be one of the few places that you've been to with your parents and without your brother!!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment