Sunday, April 26, 2015

4/26/15

Heya LD,

Daddy and I went on a tour of the hospital yesterday. We saw where you'll be born, where you'll stay with me for a night or two and even the nursery where the babies can sleep. (Honestly you will probably not be there much at all... they try to keep you kiddos with your mamas as often as they can. Even seeing a couple of newborns in there yesterday screamed of 1950 to me!)

It's a beautiful hospital and it's super helpful, intuitive and relaxed. You can tell we're in Berkeley!

As we were leaving the hospital Daddy talked about how excited he was to have a new little baby in our lives and I admitted that I was a little scared by the reality of the tour! This probably has everything to do with the fact that Daddy doesn't have to be pushing you out any body regions in a couple months, but I am excited too. I have been so focused on the RAISING of you in those weeks after you're born that I have not done much preparation for labor this time around! Not to worry, Daddy and I have a class next week with other second time parents, a "refresher course" they call it. I'm looking forward to reminding each other what the heck is physically going to happen on your birthday!

Love,
Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment