Wednesday, April 15, 2015

4/15/15

Hey Diggy,

I've been cleaning out our closets lately and tonight Daddy went through a big box of electronics to figure out what to keep. He found an old iPhone, on which were a bunch of pictures from 2008 and there were a bunch of me at the party I hosted to watch the election results. I was clearly so excited when Obama won! I was wearing my Obama shirt and converse sneakers and I look like such a kid even though it really wasn't that long ago. It reminded me of what my life used to be like back when I first worked in tech, when I was friends with Daddy and when I lived in Greenpoint, Brooklyn (in an apartment of my own for the first time!). 

What a gift to remember those times tonight, when I am feeling like none of my pants feel comfortable and bending down to pick up laundry is tough. 

Daddy and I are going away this weekend for a little babymoon (I guess you're coming too!). I'm so excited to
hang out with him for two whole days! We'll go to the movies and eat out, maybe check out some bookstores or the hotel pool. He's my best friend and I'm excited to spend a whole weekend with him, alone. 

I hope you marry your best friend one day too, Diggy. It's really the best.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment